Sunday 17 June 2007

Sunday Seven #19 (for me!!)


My Sunday Seven is in honor of my father this week.


1. My father was a man of few words but when he spoke it was worth listening to. 

2. As a young man my father was known by many to be the best pitcher in the Mill League. He was drafted by the St. Louis Cardinals and went to training camp but was too homesick to stay!
 

3. My father had a great love for his family. Not only his wife and children but EVERY member of his family. They were all very important to him.
 

4. Until the day he died he called me his "little girl". I loved that because I knew when he said it he was remembering when I WAS a little girl!
 

5. My daddy was a man of faith. He was not very 'showy' about it but his life exuded an underlying belief in God that manifested itself in the way he lived. You knew by his actions in whom he placed his trust.
 

6. My father was a man of integrity. His word was his bond. Honesty was very important to him.
 

7. Most of all, he was a great daddy. He would go to any length to make us happy. If that meant stopping at some silly roadside attraction while on vacation...he did it. If it meant going to the Dairy Queen after supper for an ice cream....he did it. He just loved to see us smile.

Happy Father's Day Daddy. I miss you terribly and love you so.

Wanna Play......Click here for all the details!

No comments:

Post a Comment