Sunday 10 June 2007

We're in Athens!!!

Athens, GEORGIA, that is!!!! We are here for a week for our church's annual meeting. Our conference (North Georgia) is one of the largest in Methodism. This is time we discuss the business of the church. It is a very important time and many crucial issues will be discussed.

This year we will also we electing delegates to attend the General Conference of the United Methodist Church which occurs every four years. It is very important that we elect people who will uphold Biblical authority. So, if you can add this to your prayer list, I would appreciate it.

Of course, I plan to have a little fun too! While DH is in meetings I will be visiting with friends and catching up. There is always a luncheon for the spouses of ministers and we get to see people we only see once a year.

I will be checking in as I can. Have a great week and be thankful for all your blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment